This is a special episode where we discuss the challenges that a young person encounters at school, at work and in life with Clinical Psychologist Aksel Inge Sinding. During the conversation, Aksel gives some practical steps that one can take to feel more secure and to “escape” our inner bully.
We also filmed this episode, so if you also want to see my big fat nose you can go and check it out here on our YouTube Channel
- [1:34] – Failing to accomplish high goals – Why are youngsters unhappy at work?
- [3:31] – Is our society making us unhappy? – The Inner Bully
- [5:14] – You are not to think that you are better or more special than anyone else – The Law of Jante
- [6:09] – Dealing with the pressure of society – How to deal with it?
- [8:37] – Top regrets in life from people on their deathbed
- [9:21] – Understanding life & learning to fail
- [11:31] – Being happy in your worklife
- [13:04] – Most things in life are hard when doing it for the first time – Taking your time to learn
- [15:10] – A mistake young people do when they start at work
- [16:19] – Can people really become anything they want? – The impact of family
- [17:55] – The right way to be happy- Understanding the Hierarchy of Needs
- [19:52] – Steps one can take towards self-actualization and happiness – Is it imporant to appreciate the small things?
- [23:27] – Psychologist Aksel´s suggestions for becoming happier
Links and other useful resources
- The Law of Jante, the description of a pattern of group behaviour towards individuals within Scandinavian communities that negatively portrays and criticises individual success and achievement as unworthy and inappropriate.
Books mentioned in the interview
- A Theory of Human Motivation by Abraham Maslow
Thanks a lot for checking out this special episode with Clinical Psychologist Aksel Inge Sinding! We hope that it was useful! We really enjoyed making this video, so let us know if you want to see more episode like this!
Feel absolutely free to leave a comment below and tell us what you thought of this episode! We would love to hear from you!
Have a great day! Until next time! 🙂