Louise Snoek is born in the Netherlands and has a Dutch father and French mother.
Today, she lives in Paris. She is very passionate about the beauty of nature, crazy about colours, and nice design. She is very competitive and loves to jog along the Seine in Paris.
She has worked for Premium Inc as a Footwear Designer and engaged with brands such as Cruyff Classics, McGregor, Robey, and Meyba.
Previous to this job she worked as a Handbag Designer.
Her goals have always been to work hard, and to learn everything that can be learned about the process of design and production.
Growing a brand is one of the biggest achievements she has experienced. Also, designing a model that is very successful for a view seasons is a part of this.
When working in a team, she always tries to find the best in each and everyone, which sometimes can be very hard but fulfilling.
- [1:17] – What Louise does and what she studied
- [4:24 ]– Why Louise ended up choosing this career path
- [6:02] – How it was studying to become a designer
- [7:52] – The job prospect in the fashion industry – How is it for someone who is studying to become a designer?
- [12:03] – What Louise loves about her job as a designer
- [13:36] – Busting some myths about the designer world
- [15:40] – If being a designer was not an option…
- [16:39] – Louise´s biggest inspirations
- [18:56] – Books recommended by Louise
- [19:48] – Not everything in life goes the way you want it to
- [20:34] – Entering the designer world – Resources recommended by Louise
- [21:39] – Difficult to find jobs? Louise´s opinion about the future job prospect.
- [23:37] – Louise´s advice for choosing a career path
Books mentioned in the interview
- Ralph Lauren, a biography of the famous fashion designer Ralph Lauren, by Ralph Lauren.
- Check out Flavor Wire’s list of 10 Inspirational Fashion Books for aspiring designers
- Here is a list of 12 books about shoes and shoe design, by Designer & Books
Links and other useful online resources
- Want to become a fashion designer? See this article on what you should study to become a fashion designer by the Mastersportal
- WWD, a fashion-industry trade journal sometimes called “the bible of fashion
- Vogue, an American fashion and lifestyle magazine that is published monthly in 23 different national and regional editions.
Check out this video with Alexa Chung on how to become a fashion designer:
Here’s a video showing how to do fashion sketching, a very common thing within the fashion industry!
Thank you for checking us out! We hope this interview with Designer Louise was helpful!
Remember that if you have any questions that were not answered, you can contact us and we will help you out!
On 99 Career Options, you can even get a mentor who will help guide you on the right path and give you helpful advice!
Do you want to become a fashion designer? Let us know why in the comment field below! We would love to hear from you!
Have a great day! See you soon again! 🙂