Ombeline has studied at the Conservatoire de Paris, a college of music and dance that was founded in 1795.
She is now a composer and arranger for strings and choir, and the first violin of the string quartet 4NOIA“. Besides, she works as a violinist free-lancer, choir conductor, music teacher and has written 6 albums for her band Les Fragments de la Nuit.
When she isn’t composing or playing music, she loves to create things with her hands; sewing clothes, painting, knitting, and solving puzzles!
- [1:45] – Teaching music, even for babies, in the basement- the home of Ombeline
- [3:25] – Working as a full-time musician and composer
- [4:35] – Having a wide variety of skills within music
- [6:25] – Composing a new album – The latests projects
- [8:52] – Learning and doing multiple things at the same time
- [11:35] – Being different and learning to be yourself
- [16:06] – What a day at work looks like for Ombeline
- [18:15] – How easy is it really to become an artist?
- [19:17] – Is there a lack of people who do what they truly what? Is it a result of society?
- [27:11] – Challenging people – The fun of being a conductor
- [28:27] – A new experience – The first day and studying at Sorbonne University
- [33:40] – Can you teach music as a way of acquiring financial freedom?
- [37:02] – Books recommended by Ombeline
- [40:13] – What the future of musicians and other art-professions look like
- [42:26] – Ombeline´s advice for someone who would like to choose a career in music
Books and authors mentioned in the interview
- The Technique of Contemporary Orchestration by Alfredo Castella
- Traite de Contrepoint – Book – Marcel Bitsch/Noel Gallon
- Philip K. Dick, an American writer, whose published works mainly belong to the genre of science fiction-
- Roald Dahl, a British novelist, short story writer, poet, screenwriter, and fighter pilot.
Links and other useful resources
- Check out this blog post by the Sonicbids Blog on “6 Qualities That All Successful Musicians Have“. A really good read for anyone who wants to become a musician!
- Avoid doing the Top 10 Mistakes When Trying to Become a Musician. See musician Tom Hess’ article on how you can avoid these mistakes!
- Wondering if you need an education to start a musical career, or what the average salary for a musician is? See this article by The Art Career Project to find out more!
Listen to what Dave Grohl from the American Rock Band Foo Fighters has to say about how to become a successful musician.
This TED-video with Benjamin Zander is about the transformative power of classical music. A hilarious and educational video- an absolute must watch!
Thanks for checking out this episode with musician Ombeline! We really hope it helped answer your questions!
If you still are wondering about what it’s like to be a musician, you can let us know, and we will do our best to help you out. You can even have a webinar with a professional musician who will help you towards your goal of becoming a musician! Just let us know!¨
Do you want to become a musician? What instruments do you already know how to play, or want to learn how to play? Let us know in the comment field below!
Have a greay day! See you soon again! 🙂